Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Frank Schaeffer Took The Words Out Of My Mouth

"One reason the Republicans won on Tuesday is because many of their supporters have already given up on this world and are waiting for the next. I know, I used to be one of them." -- Frank Schaeffer


http://frank-schaeffer.blogspot.com/2010/11/bad-theology-and-crazy-politics-why.html


His blog really hit home for me. It was what I needed to read this morning, the day after big money bought the biggest political flip in seventy years. It's just so damn depressing to see how the religious right, and evangelicals who I once respected, have been manipulated by a party which has not been shy about saying that it is all about the interests of the wealthy.


Below is a comment on facebook from a cousin of mine, a pastor...



Seriously, this is coming to reality all too quickly- read this quote from Joseph Stalin- "America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."

2 hours ago ·  · 


    • Christian E. Vettrus I agree that the GOP is doing much to eradicate all three of these things.

      They misunderstand patriotism, truncate morality, and politicize spirituality, to the detriment of all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment