Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Learning to Err.

http://www.ted.com/talks/kathryn_schulz_on_being_wrong.html

Today on facebook there was a TED video posted about what to learn from being wrong. That made me think that being wrong is what courageous people do well.

I, by contrast, am a coward. I detest being wrong, particularly if it was something which could be helped by good information or proper planning. I've learned to live with it uncomfortably, mostly because of nearly sixteen years of marriage. No amount of planning or information can keep me from just being wrong in the context of a marriage. I just am... and far too often.

I really, really hate to be wrong. I hate taking risks where I might fail. I avoid the opportunity to be wrong. This means that I am not taking risks which will employ my creativity, engage my mind, and inspire my soul.

I need to learn to be wrong-er. I need to be courageous enough to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment